Wednesday, 5 September 2007

in the woods



I met Casey, who is an illustrator and designer, while researching the Melbourne travel diary I wrote for the October issue of Real Living. He was working at the Spacecraft store in Fitzroy when I rocked up with a photographer, photographer’s assistant and D. Unperturbed, Casey filled me in on all I needed to know about the company and was incredibly patient while we took over the shop with our gear. Then just over a week ago he got in contact with me, telling me he’d set up shop with his girlfriend Sassie, who has been running a deli on Brunswick Street. It’s called In The Woods, selling mostly homewares with a few quirky additions, such as jewellery. Oh, and the shop is also a cafĂ©, serving and selling organic, fair-trade coffee. Aren’t those cupcakes the best!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails